Frequently Asked Questions
What if my computer is broken and it can’t be fixed?
Sometimes, if there is serious damage to your computer, it’s a better investment to buy a new one than to pay for a repair. If we find that’s the case, you can utilise the technician’s time to back up your data and then have the technician come back to transfer it to a new computer and help you set it up instead.
Why is there a charge for same day service?
The same-day service charge lets us be on call seven days a week, and allows us to keep extra technicians on standby for your emergencies. If you don’t need us today, we can usually come by the next business day at no extra charge to you.
What happens if it takes longer than expected?
Most repairs can be solved in the first hour. However, if the technician expects that it will take longer, they will usually know within the first 15 minutes. The technician will give you guidance, and you can decide how you want to proceed.
What happens if I’m not happy with the service?
Customer satisfaction is our priority, and we are constantly monitoring each technician’s performance. We promise to delight all our customers, so if you are ever not 100% satisfied, please get in touch with us!
$99 + 20% off on-site offer
1. Offer is only valid if you have liked our Facebook page and created your own on-site booking (Facebook profile name and PC Australia On-Site accounts must have the same name)
2. Offer only applies to home addresses
3. If we are unable to fix your system there is no fee!
4. This offer includes the following services only:
– Accessory setup e.g printer / webcam
– Initial computer setup e.g 1st time it’s turned on
– Internal hardware repairs e.g inside the computer box (Excluding cost of parts)
– Internal hardware installation e.g inside the computer box (Excluding cost of parts)
– Virus removal (Excluding cost of anti-virus software. We can supply anti-virus software for an additional $50)
– Reformatting and installation of Windows that the system was bundled with originally (Upgrading to a newer version of Windows will incur additional costs. Does not include Microsoft Office)
Terms and Conditions
1. PC Australia / We / Us / Our means PC Australia (ABN: 29 075 999 058).
2. Services means all services performed by us for you or on your behalf.
3. Machine means customer’s desktop, tower, laptop, notebook, netbook, printer etc.
4. Business hours means Monday to Friday 9:30am to 5:30pm, excluding public holidays.
5. Customer / User / You means a person or business firm that requests goods or services from us.
6. Goods means all products and other goods (including any software) supplied by us to you or on your behalf.
– All our visits are chargeable.
– We Accept Cash and Direct Deposit.
– Full payment is due upon completion of services, upgrades, repairs or maintenance.
– Machine parts, hardware, or / and software that are ordered must be paid in advance.
– There is a minimum charge of $77 for On-Sites or $66 for Remote Support.
– Our service charges are hourly based which is:
– On-Site Services: $77 for the first hour and $66 an hour there after.
– Remote Support Services: $66 for the first hour and $55 an hour there after.
Parts & Service Warranty / Guarantee
– Used parts have 1 month warranty from the date of purchased.
– All our repair services are 7 days guaranteed from the service date.
– New parts have 1 year manufacture warranty from the date of purchased.
– Any physical damage to the parts caused by the customer are not covered.
– Any incorrect diagnose or troubleshooting performed by our technician will be done again free of charge. Only parts will be charged if needed to correct the problem.
– If Warranty sticker or security sticker on any new purchased PC or any other peripherals is damaged other than professional technicians (receipt required), warranty is void.
– We advise our customers to do their own backup before we perform any work.
– Service(s) are provided in an effort to repair, upgrade or maintain for which you request such service(s).
– You will not hold PC Australia or their technician(s) responsible for any claims or damages of any kind that may arise from any work performed on your faulty machine.
– Our aim is to repair your machine or maintain your system with best of our expertise. Your system or machine will not be intentionally harmed in anyway by our technician(s).
– The length of time varies for different problems, so it cannot be predicted beforehand.
– You understand that PC Australia is not responsible for any data loss, which may occur as a result of work done on your machine.
– PC Australia will only perform and provide computer services, repairs, upgrades and maintenance as requested by the customer. Our aim is to provide the highest quality of service and support.
– You authorise our technician(s) providing the service to install software e.g. operating system if required. You may lose all of your software previously installed upon completion of the service.
– Computer service / repairs are provided as a service. There may be circumstances under which your machine cannot be repaired. It will have to be rebuilt or upgraded with the customer’s permission.